Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Traditional Swabian Spaetzle with lentils
- Chop the onion, carrot and bacon and slightly fry in a pot with some oil.
- Add the stock and the bay leaves.
- Rinse the lentils under running water and add to the pan. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes until tender.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the Spaetzle in a pot with boiling salted water until al dente.
- Heat up the sausages in hot water.
- Serve the lentils with the Spaetzle and sausages.
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 18 oz Spaetzle
- 14 oz green or brown lentils, dried
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 slices lean smoked bacon
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- oil 2-3 tbsp
- red wine
- 4 pairs Frankfurter sausages